Important Links

Rec Therapy Today has moved. It is not hosted at a wordpress site.
click here: http://www.RecTherapyToday.wordpress.com
Need CEUs? Go here:
http://www.dannypettry.com/courses.html

Saturday, June 14, 2014

KFC kicked girl out becuase of scar.


We, Recreational Therapists are often responsible for taking people with various special needs on community re-entry outings to assist them with increasing their independent function skills.

I must say that I feel a lot of empathy for a little girl who was attacked by a dog and is paralyzed on one side of her face. The little girl has had surgeries and scars.

She feels embarrassed and doesn’t want to go out in public.

I felt very disappointed to read an article that a restaurant had asked the family and the little girl to leave because of the scars. This could have happened to anyone of us. I have family members and I would feel really upset if we were asked to leave if any person in my family had a birth defect, disability, scar, etc.

I am pleased to hear that the restaurant chain/ ownership appears to have got in touch with the family and plans to do something wonderful for the little girl.

Here is the link:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews